• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MINI HEMIT

Elwenil

It's been on there a few times. There were two of them, but that is the best one of the two. A guy that's on the M715Zone sometimes has one that he is restoring. It's appearently an experimental model that didn't cut it.

Elwenil

WTF is up with that thing? That's probably got to be the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it go up for auction, and either get pulled, or it just shows up a week after it's auction ends.

rdixiemiller

I think GL pulls auction items if they are not bringing as much as they think they should. I have seen other trucks pulled at the last minute, especially if they are going fairly reasonably. Kind of like a reserve auction on E-Bay, but they're just not honest enough to state that.

odjeeper

Don't know why the auction service keeps playing games with this thing, I see it is back with a final auction price listed. As for what it is, it is a Chrysler prototype from the early-mid sixties, 2 1/2 ton, 8x8, amphibious, cargo vehicle. Sort of interesting that it has many features that were not adopted in one vehicle by the US military until the Hummer, such as independent suspension, inboard disc brakes, limited slip differentials, automatic transmission, central driveline conduit in the body and a diesel engine. The guy on the M715Zone owns two of the vehicles which preceded the XM410E1 program. They are very similar in appearance and share many common components, but are different in several aspects.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks