• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

harmonic balancer

southdave

Let me apologize about starting this thread.. The last time I was home working on my 1028 engine swap notice a little wriggle on front pulley. so made a note check it out next time I came home. Long short of it, is my trip home take me past summit racing so I stop and picked up an ATP balancer for the engine. It about half again heavier than the one I took off. I Note the motor block is Humvee take out motor that I had machined and rebuilt for turbo application. The truck has flywheel so I figured " more weight up front might help it out". It did, truck runs a lot smother. my concern did I mess with the whole dynamic loading ect..?

llong66

When I had mine at the machine shop during the rebuild, I took the new balancer up with everything for the balance job and there was some question as to whether or not that was the balancer I would be using. The machinist told me if I switched to another to make sure the both the weight, and its location on the other balancer was the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks