• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virus???

sailor2000

Got a virus warning when accessing this site today... Exploit-MS06-014 was what it was tagged... how do I tell the site admin??? Can't find a link to an admin e-mail...

mangus580

RE: virus

Sorry guys, its gone now. This is the second time it has happened. I am working to figure out how the hacker is doing it.

TacticalTruck

I did not get the warning but the site crashed explorer a couple times yesterday and my machine has been slow. i ran a diagnostic last night, is there something else i need to do?
jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

What kind of person creates these and plants them on random websites? I can't possibly imagine what they get from such an activity. Perhaps this is their way for compensating for a very small appendage?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

What kind of person creates these and plants them on random websites?
Perhaps it's the kind of people who earn a living creating and selling anti-virus software..................

Jones

Same frame of mind that makes it "OK" to break in/tresspass so they can spray paint their BS on buildings, bridges, any large surface they can gain access to. None of it is "art", all of it is vandalism.
I'm saddened to think that the last vestages of consideration, and respect for others and their property, may be dying with our generation.

1956_4x4

Re: RE: virus

clinto said:
What kind of person creates these and plants them on random websites?
Perhaps it's the kind of people who earn a living creating and selling anti-virus software..................
I've always suspected this was the case... My daughter picked up a virus on "Myspace" and the main thing that kept popping up on her computer were advertisements for an anti-virus program called "WinAntiVirus". Go figure....

Smitty

Jones

RE: Re: RE: virus

Watch out for pop-ups that tout themselves as anti-virus programs which are in fact, the virus itself. One I got tangled up with early in my association with computers told me that it had detected some problems and did I want it to do a search... BIG MISTAKE!!! I ended up having to have everything deleted and my operationg system re-installed. It's trick was that no matter where in the pop-up box I would have clicked-- the entire box itself was one big, giant OK button.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks