• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

No power to dash

Baja2dakar

Been working for several hours to try and start my LMTV 1078 after the lights got left on in the stop/light position. Flipped the power switch on all seemed normal, went to crank it and it would not crank and the power tothe dash disappeared. No alarm buzzer, no gas gauge, no voltage meter, no green light on switch. Thought batteries were dead so got new batteries hooked up and can't get the dash to come alive.

Anyone have any insight on a relay we may have tripped? Tricks to jump start these things? Thanks for any insight.

Westech

CPL
I have replaced a load of dash wiring harness I. The fmtv/lmtv's. They are 100% crap. Lost a few due to dash fires also. If it not a fuse/relay pop the dash and look at all the browned wired due to over heating.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you lose dash power when you hit the crank button, or before? Do your headlights still come on and/or the brake lights work? The manual says the light switch is the only thing that has power when the master power switch is off. I don't think that leaving the lights in the stop position had anything to do with it. I have done that on mine and left it for a couple weeks before I realized it next time I drove mine. As long as the switch is in that position and nothing is pressing the brake pedal, it shouldn't drain the batteries....as long as only that top right portion is in that position, and you did not also have the dash lights on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks