• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv gas tank question

Lee Alessi

does the cucv series truck have a standard diesel filler opening? or are they the larger "commercial truck" openings like at truck stops??

i know they are not the huge military size. i am aware of two size and gph rates of fuel nozzels accessable by the public.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not the unleaded size. You can fit a high flow commercial diesel nozzle in but I can't tell you much more than that.

NCINIRATOR

Repost- My fuel gauge was reading 1/4 tank and after I filled it up it took about 12 hours for it to read full. Needles to say its off or busted.

Anyone know anything or have any experience bad fuel readings?

I have experience with bad Ford needles, my 68 Fairlane lied to me about my gas reading and I wound up walking to the gas station with a gas canteen in the middle of no where. [:)]

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They use the standard GM Wide mouth opening. For leaded gas and diesel. A high speed truck stop pump will fit and work just fine if you don't inseret it too far. If you do it will squirt fuel out and onto the ground.
nciniraror , go to www.lmctruck.com and order a catalog for the chevy trucks. Most of the parts are interchangeable and real GM parts.

dmonkz71

When I first got my M1009 I filled the tank and the gauge would not go past 3/4. I took a chance and installed a regular gas gauge from a civilian pickup at the junk yard. The gauge was the problem and It`s been working fine ever since. The only draw back is that the gauge backing does not say diesel but since I am the only one who drives the truck it does`nt matter. :hop:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks