• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

leaky windshield

Warren Lovell

ok men, what is the fix for the leaky front windshield? Aside from new rubber seals, I've seen permanent glass put in negating the windshield fold out option. Anyone?

Warren

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It get's way too hot in the cab. i've got to have the windshield moblie! i've thought about running a bead of silicone around it, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Trango

Maybe try some of this stuff called Windjammer first. It's like temporary weather stripping for your house, and it comes in a Cheez-whiz / RightStuff type can. It apparently doesn't stick that hard and can be removed very easy. I'd do that before siliconing everything together. Just a brainstorm.

Trango

PS I have really no idea if what I just typed is at all applicable. I just ate lunch and got ZERO sleep last night so that's just another crazy idea of mine. Windjammer is basically "silicone lite" and creates a weatherproof barrier, and is intended more for heat-loss mitigation, but might be a good thing to try. It's a hardware store item.

Bob

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep a good supply of small rags in the cab. Shove em wherever water comes in. If it's jsut a mist I just sit back and enjoy the cooling effect.

Westech

CPL
I used ( I know I know ) white bath tub silicone . I ran a beed around and let it sit for a week, then popped the thing open. A little paint and poof leak free well most of it lol

Pappa-G

Put a thin coat of silicone grease(or any type of grease) on the glass frame, then close and latch on the wet silicone sealant. When it sets up it wont stick to the grease. This is a common fix for fuel tank access lids. ~ Pappa-G

cbvet

GI duck tape. (And someone else's gloves for the BAD leaks!)

We made a 1,000 mile trip from Northern Minnesota in a 1970 Deuce & only used 1/4 of a roll.............

Northern Indiana

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks