• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rods In a Pouch

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is this??? When it was given to me I thought it was an antenna? But it ain't! It has four rods in it 46 inches long and all have male ends on them. I can't pass up free canvas but I would still like to know what they are, the guy said it came off a wrecker he had.
Thanks,
James G.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
what does it say in the lower rt corner in the 1st pic?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no way I could be that lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will go and take a couple of more shots of the canvas, it does have a strap and buckle to tighten up the canvas, I couldn't figure how to use the buckle to close the pouch, but as a top it could just be. Thanks for the idea!
James G.

DavidB

And it is written Kenny Knows everything ? Seriously, great site for bizare information and a great help with the understanding of the green stuff.
DavidB

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just getting to this. Something I would have liked to have though. BTW, I would have guessed boom operators cover.

jatonka

Yeah Kenny I just got here too, I would have told him it looks just like the operator's covers I make for the wrecker guys. I make the hoops and bows too but they are tough to ship cheap. I'll have to get here earlier for the next trivia question!!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now that's cool! I have never seen one of those. I have seen the cupolas (hard cabs) that came on wreckers for the operator, but never a soft top.

Why did they have both? What was the thinking?

papercu

cover

shield the wrecker operator from the sun
As tall as that looks and with no overhang the only way it will shield anything is for the sun to be directly overhead and for me, that is when I'm hunting the lunch table. Wayne

rmgill

RE: cover

Well, it would also keep the rain off AND you can fab up some more canvas bits to extend the sides down further. Attach it at the top with some web straps, make some sides that you can roll down and fasten. I suppose you could also make up some shorter poles to allow you to just lower it down to cover up the top of the operator's seat.

Jimmy

Your lucky to find that. I have been looking for one since I bought my wrecker, I have the bows for the front and rear but have not been able to find the rods and top canvas yet. I probably would rarely use it but I like to have all the accessories that came with the wreckers.

If anyone has a set they want to sell let me know.

jatonka

Jimmy, I have the tops and rods in stock all the time. Wayne, I use my canopy whenever I need the wrecker and it really helps on the sun in your face. I didn't design it, I just build what the Military invented on their own, using Military intelligence!!!!!! John T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks