• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle swap project

jgleasonraptor350

In the process of swapping out my 10 bolts for a one ton setup. And im puzzled

Finally found a guy on craigslist with a dana 60 front that has the passanger side pumpkin however it's not a chevy dana 60. Off a dodge w350.

Will this front end work or will I have to find a d60 front off an old chevy?

Skinny

Being that the GMD60 is a complete bolt in minus brake lines, I would wait for it. Only advantage of using a non-GM axle would be a 79 Ford F350 hi pinion king pin axle.

Squid in a CUCV

In the process of swapping out my 10 bolts for a one ton setup. And im puzzled

Finally found a guy on craigslist with a dana 60 front that has the passanger side pumpkin however it's not a chevy dana 60. Off a dodge w350.

Will this front end work or will I have to find a d60 front off an old chevy?

You can use a Dodge D60, Spring width is 32.5", Chevys are 32". That's 1/4" per side difference.... nothing too extreme that it will create issues. Though the correct way would be to measure over, make your marks, cut the perches off and relocate. The Dodge WMS to WMS is approximately 2" narrower than a Chevy's (1" per side). Chevy fronts stick out further than the rears for tracking purposes... Not really needed IMO. They match up nicely with a FF14 bolt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks