• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Now What 1950 cj3a

Recently I purchased a 1950 cj3a military jeep. Just about everything is fine just little stuff. Jeep was restored but not running when I bought it, runs good now. So as this is my first military anything what do you do with it? It is late in the year so things are slow as far as shows etc. I don't belong to any clubs, vfw etc. Many wish they had this problem I know.
So now what??????

Bob C

FrankUSMC

Bob
In about 3 weeks is Veterans day, check your local towns to see if any are having a veterans day parade. They need military vehicles to carry the veterans that can no longer walk the parade routes. Also Christmas is right around the corner, again sign up for some parades, get out and be seen. You might get lucky, make some new friends, and you might have some one walk up to you and tell you they have boxes of old jeep parts you can have, this has happened more than once to me.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

feldmarshal

I remember long ago on this site, a member allways wrote something like "this thread is something without pictures" can't remember what exactly. so i say come on lets see it. We all love mv's. To the original post, parades yes, local car shows a mv is usually a big hit and just riding around doing errands. Don't forget access during bad weather.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dive it, have fun with it. Parades, Toys for Tots, see about joining a VFW or an Auxiliary, or the American Legion, or Nam Knights or some Veteran's Service Organization. Just enjoy it. Or, ship it down here so I can use it if mine doesn't work for our Vet's day parade!

Hello all ,
Last Saturday I read "I" sent a bunch of email and got banned from the site. My fault> I was trying to send pictures of my jeep and clicked on the wrong link. Kindly the administrator has let me back on the site and to say thanks to him and to tell what happened so people didn't think I just stopped posting Just wanted you all to know.

Bob C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks