• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clutch Line Help

CUCVmike

I am trying to hook a 1998 NV4500 with internal slave cylinder up to a SM465 master cylinder/pedal assembly in my M1009. How do I get the used NV4500 clutch line to work? I've looked around and called Advance Adapters and they have nothing. Old sites links don't work to figure this out.

Last piece of my puzzle is the TH400 crossmember does it need altering or make spacers to make it work? Someone said to get a 700R4 crossmember and I've called around and can't find one.

Thanks for any help on the hose connection issue!

CUCVmike

I know a lot has been discussed about the NV4500 swap. I just need help figuring out how to go from the internal slave cylinder to the sm465 style master cylinder on the hose connections. Has anyone done it (I know someone has to have) and how'd you do the clutch hose connections? I haven't found information on the hose connections, people just say modify it, but with what?

nyoffroad

I don't have any info on the clutch, but that crossmember should be easy it's the same for gas or diesel and pick up or blazer. The only difference I've seen is 2wheel vs. 4 wheel drive and I think (key word there) some have a single 'hump' for single exhaust and some have a double 'hump' for duel.

southdave

I posted some pics up a couple months ago..sm465 is just a brake line.... I used the older external slave.. so I cut out the rubber part on slave borrowed a flare set and used a compression fittings . And bleed til I bleeded. ?.

Last edited:

CUCVmike

Trying to use the internal slave and need help adapting the line for a new NV4500, going to try a machine/hose shop and see if he can assist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks