• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hiatus

mangus580

Guys, I am going to take a hiatus from the site for a few days. It has occurred to me that I need to spend more time with my family. I waste a lot of time working on new features for this site, and just trying to keep up day to day. I spent many hours on Friday (like most of my entire day) working on specifically SS. I need to take a step back and look at the 'big picture'

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think most members realize how much time and effort a few people put into SS. That's why burn-out happens. I was just telling my wife today that I would like to take a break from the politics for a while. Strange coincidence.

Mike is a coding genius and has really brought SS into the 21st century. That's why I wish some folks wouldn't freak out when something changes. Mike may spend 5 or 6 hours, days, weeks... to tweak one feature. Oh well.

Rest easy Mike. We'll see you in a few days.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be here and do my best to help anyone in need but I can't work code. I'd also like to say this. I know Mike busts his keester trying to accomplish some of the requests on this site but some of them are just not possible to do within the software. We need to lay off Mike and Chris and just enjoy the site we have for a while. Not many of us appreciate all the work it took for Chris and Mike to get us where we are today. Some of the great minds and collectors of this hobby participate regularly on this forum. Thanks to both of you and enjoy your time away for a spell. I'll try to keep it together

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike and Chris and all the other moderators, thanks alot for a beautiful site. Without it, I would not have been able to become as familliar with my vehicle as I am now. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I owe ya. Now, go take a nap! Thanks guys.

TacticalTruck

MIKE! Get those ding dang water marks off MY pictures before you go, you lazy, good for nothing so and so! :jumpin:
I'm kidding of course. You're doing fine work.....take a nap. My wife says I'm on here too much and I'm only a lowly Col.
Jeff

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right, even the moderators can't read all the posts and I missed this one before bubbling about the watermark thing.
Have a great time off, your work is invaluable to many us.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Hiatus

WillWagner said:
Mike and Chris and all the other moderators, thanks alot for a beautiful site. Without it, I would not have been able to become as familliar with my vehicle as I am now. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I owe ya. Now, go take a nap! Thanks guys.
I couldn't of said it any better, take a break, enjoy your other family!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks