• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV fording exhaust on a CUCV

paramilusmc

Well my pipes have rotted off and its time to re-do the exhaust. Man it will be nice not getting all the fumes leaking up through the tailgate for a change. I want to put a HMMWV fording exhaust on my M1009. I got a guy that says he can do the work. Just wondering what you all thought, and or if anyone had any experience doing this? Thanks

Goal isn't really to make it totally fordable, but to look nice and maybe prevent water form coming back in the exhaust in an emergency SHFT scenario. Cool factor is high on this project for sure.

Looking to take this, and put it on this.

DSCN1421-1.jpgProject truck.jpg

Jeepsinker

You will have to fab some pretty good bracketry to keep it from bouncing around and breaking off. Do not mount it to the fiberglass top, it won't hold. Otherwise I think you are good to go. I've had this idea before as well. It can be made fordable.

Another Ahab

\ I got a guy that says he can do the work. Just wondering what you all thought, and or if anyone had any experience doing this? Thanks

Goal isn't really to make it totally fordable, but to look nice and maybe prevent water form coming back in the exhaust in an emergency SHFT scenario. Cool factor is high on this project for sure.
Good luck on your project. I'm going to follow it.

I understand the "cool factor" rush, but I don't know about putting a fording exhaust on a vehicle if it's never really
going to need it. 2cents

Love to see that puppy restored to mil spec though!

(but that's just my 2cents, brother, and you go do what works for you; I'll back you!)

And welcome, from Virginia.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Run it out the same OEM rear location and put the 3 bolt flange on the tailpipes. And also on the stacks. That way you can bolt and unbolt them as you want. Mount them to the rear fiberglass roof with carriage bolts and a rubber isolator. You will be good to go. Use the antenna hole and you will only need 1 more mounting area. There are many ways you can make this work. Show us when you are finished. Take your time and make it look good. No sloppy work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks