• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the heat..got my butt kicked

FrankUSMC

Over did it yesterday in the heat.....be careful!
I went back to our small farm this morning, I was so out of it yesterday, every door was open and all the feed cans were open, just was not thinking right. I always douple check every thing before I depart the farm. Might be Gods way of telling me to slow down, I am not that young Marine L/Cpl any more.
Good news is, I saw a beautiful fox on the farm today also, and he was not picking his teeth with a chicken feather so all the "girls" were ok.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

Adamlee

heat safety

good news that the heat didn't totally zap ya, frank.

FWIW I'm going to make sure to be 100% hydration-ready for my FTX later this month at Fort Pickett. Me and a small contingent of VaDF volunteers will be working a CERFP exercise to evaluate triage readiness and effectiveness for VA Air NG medicos...specifically doctors....it should be a fun source of potential heatstroke at MOUT City (if anyone's done any training at Pickett, they might now about this faux city)

keep hydrated! camelbaks...and H2O...are your friend
Adam

Jetnoise400

RE: heat safety

Been there Frank. A long time ago, I spent an afternoon in the back of an ambulance at wildland fire school getting re-hydrated after I didn't do a very good job hydrating myself in the first place. Not fun.

Drink lots of water gang.. and start long BEFORE you go out in the heat. If you wait until you're out in it, you're already way behind the 8 ball.

hippiedude

Man!!!!!!!!!! same thing happend to me friday.........SUCKS to get old......(not saying your old) but it sucks just the same.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks