• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battle of the Bulge Rifle Match, Dec 14, Southern Maine

Katahdin

Scarborough Fish & Game is looking for WWII Rifle shooters to come out to our annual Battle of the Bulge Rifle Match, this December 14th.

Any rifle that was used in the European Theatre is welcome: M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, Mausers, Springfields, Enfields, BARs, etc. Yugo and Swedish Mausers OK, this is a fun match, we don't get too serious about equipment as long as you use the original iron sights. Original field equipment and dress is encouraged. Just remember you have to carry it all with you!

The target is a full torso silhouette, black on white.

Brings lots of ammo, 90 rounds. You'll start at 300 yards, and get 5 sighter shots. Then shoot 25 rounds of Rapid Fire for record in 5 minutes.

After the 300 yd course of fire, the line moves to 200 yards and takes their 5 sighter shots. The timed 25 rounds of rapid fire is shorted to 3 minutes.

Then the line moves up to 100 yards, you get your 5 sighters and then timed rapid fire is shortened to 2.5 minutes.

Clear as foxhole mud? Its is perfectly acceptable to pick up a different weapon for each stage of fire. For example, you could shoot a Springfield at 300 yards, switch to a M1 Garand for 200 yards, then finish up at the 100yd line with a M1 carbine. The only score that matters is the number of holes in the enemy....er...target.

http://rifle.scarfg.org has the full match information. Here's the skinny:

BOTB Rifle Match, $20 registration fee
8am, December 14th
Scarborough Fish & Game
70 Holmes Rd, Scarborough Maine

Off the Cabelas Exit, Exit 42, I-95 Maine Turnpike

Here's a Google Maps Link to the building where we'll be meeting and registering at that morning:
https://www.google.com/maps/@43.6194652,-70.3821195,98m/data=!3m1!1e3

Hope to see you guys there! Any questions?

Gun Goober

Man, that sounds like fun! ! ! I have all the prereq's, I just don't have the money or time to get there. I'll be thinking of you guys when your shootin'!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks