• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Custom 1/8" box tubing and diamond plate bumper on my m1009.

86m1009turbo

Just finishing up my custom "heavy" front bumper for the m1009. It's built on a core of 6x2x1/8" box tubing angled slightly to a point to match the hood and other trim pieces. I welded it onto the ring mounts cut on an angle. The rings are currently attached just to the box tubing. The other pieces are cut from 1/8" diamond plate. Still have some work to do such as boxing the sides of the brush guard mount and extending the flat piece on the front edge of the brush guard onto the additions I made on the corners. Lots of cosmetic and internal welding to do. I built it on the truck and haven't had anyone around the last few days to help remove it to finish. Plus it's been snowing. A lot. Overall about 4-5 5" cutoff wheels. A few pounds of wire and less than $100 in steel and I have a much sturdier bumper/ brush guard.

P.s. Kind of hard to see but the guard is tied to the bumper on the bottom corners with the same 1 1/2x1/4" I extended it with.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks