• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed Size For S-250 Shelter

DLP48

I have thought about trying to locate a S-250 Shelter to have to put on my
truck sometime. My question is would an S-250 Shelter fit on a short wheelbase
or would it have to be a Long wheelbase?

Thanks

TedG

Welcome,

In Arkron, Ohio, Sam Winer has a bunch of S250's advertised for at least a year or so for around $850. I looked at them last year and most were in good usable condition. I have a tray mount for the S250 that fits in my M1037 HMMWV...I do not know the dimensions currently but it is BIG!

Regards,

Elwenil

The S-250 was made for the M37, I believe and then has been adapted over the years for whatever truck was in current use and basically fits an 8' bed with a little room to spare. Saturn Surplus had some that still had a lot of gear in them and there were some good pics on their website as well.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The S-318 shelter is in the neighborhood of 6' long. Would fit fine in a shortbed fullsize. I can put the 318 and my transfer tank in my 8' bed truck and almost closw the tailgate.

Swede

LOL I live literally 2 blocks away from Gichners, plus My father in law is head of paint inspections. My neighbor is a new painter there. I am hoping to get a free supply of Paint... Stuff hits that fan I am heading over there for vehicles and parts....LOL

aboonski

For what it is worth, there must be twenty or more of these shelters on GL at Eglin AFB but you have to buy two of them at a time. I would love to have one but could not use two. The trip from where I live is a long one. Anybody else in Florida interested in these? I put each of the lots on my "watch list" but wonder what they will go for when the smoke clears! What do they weigh?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may! I'm bidding on an EUC lot up there now. Matt will pick it up if I win. I'm trying to see if he has room for a pair of 250s. Check yer mail, I responded.

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put my s-250 in the back of my 06 F-250 super cab short bed.I dont have a tail gate on the truck so the box sticks about flush with the tail lights. Air bags work wonders for keeping the truck level.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks