• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin Rally T-shirt Contest

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No, not wet t-shirt contest ya weirdos, it's going to be all guys there :rolleyes:

Seriously, we are having a contest to see who can come up with the most original and awesome looking design for the Steel Soldiers Haspin Rally. The winning design will be put on a t-shirt in the Cafe Press store for all to buy. The winner of the contest will get a free t-shirt with their design on it [thumbzup]

Please include the date of the rally, the location, the web address, and the site name in the design. Everything else is up to you!

Email all submissions to webmaster@steelsoldiers.com before the end of April. I will post all submissions on the forum May 1st and everyone will have a chance to vote for the winner. Thanks [^]

liljohn

Maybe not ALL guys! GF might be coming with me. But no, she's not available for a wet-t contest, either! :p hehe.

Seriously, though, very cool idea!

liljohn

Any submissions yet, SS? I've been busy as all get-out with exams lately, but I'm done today. Gonna try to get at least a couple designs whipped out...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No submissions yet! You might be the first and only. Cafe Press allows us to have a full size back design and a small design in the upper left on the front. So, maybe a cool logo on the front and a big design on the back with vehicles and the event title. Whatever you like. I just appreciate the effort. Email it to me when you get done. Thanks!

liljohn

Are you sure about that, SS? I was just on CafePress' site, and for the T-shirt they list:
Front (centered): 10 x 10 in.
Front (pocket): 6 x 6 in.
Back (centered): 10 x 10 in.
Back (shoulders): 10 x 4 in.

Of course I don't have an account, so I'm not logged in or anything, so I might be missing something.

*EDIT*
Are you looking at the Value T-shirt? I suppose that makes sense, keeps the price down. Roger roger, big back small front.

liljohn

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Here's my first set.

Any further attempts will be here, too. What I figured I'll do is make a few different "front" designs with the "STEEL SOLDIERS" and the Webpage, and several "back" designs with the rally name, etc. That way you can pick and choose which front and back you like best and just use that.

Oh, and for this one (shirt2.png) you'll have to ask the Haspin people if they mind us using their logo. It just looks so cool (modified a bit, though, if you can tell [^] )

Just a note, these are 200dpi images, so if you print them out at that resolution you can see what it will look like actual size. The front should be 4"x4", and the back is 10"x10", I think.

PS - How much would black shirts be? Cheap is good, but I dunno about white and all this greasy equipment ;)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looking good. I know what you mean about dirty trucks, but if we do black, we'll have to use another shirt place. At this time, CafePress doesn't offer black shirts to their basic account users. Sorry.

liljohn

We can do white, not that big of a deal. Cafe Press has a decent reputation so we might as well stick with them.

steelsoldiers said:
Looking good. I know what you mean about dirty trucks, but if we do black, we'll have to use another shirt place. At this time, CafePress doesn't offer black shirts to their basic account users. Sorry.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys,
I have received a couple more entries in the past day or so. I will extend the entry date to the 15th of May. If you have been working on a design for the shirt, get them to me now. Thanks!

liljohn

Ok, got one more design done. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do much more. Same place as before. This one should be a bit better for white.

Oh, and the truck on the front is a picture of one of Joe Young's trucks. I didn't think he'd mind, but might want to ask him if we go with that design. ;)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK guys, I have to make a move on the t-shirt design. I have 3 entries so far and we will have to go with that. We have an entry from Monster Man, liljohn, and n3uka. I will post them all in a new post and we'll vote on it pronto. Liljohn, your link is dead. Can you post a new one for me? Dave, I think I have yours saved to my PC.

Watch for the new voting post tomorrow!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks