• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

batteries in lmtv?

Firetoy

what batteries are most guys using in these trucks? the original square style or a cheaper automotive style? which i'm sure would be cheaper. thanks in advance. i just bought a 1997 m1078.

blhar15

We have been using all the original military 6TL batteries. Makes it easy to fit in the correct battery box, versus making something to a standard automotive battery to fit. They are pricey though, upwards of $200 each.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a deal on some "BLEMS" 6TL's from my local INTERSTATE dealer for my Deuce . They work great and the price was good . I paid just less than $300 . for both .

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've bought blems from Interstate for $60 each. Before Uncle went to Hawkers, we could get them all the time, now, not so much. If you ask, they are available!

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
My friend changed the battery leads to use 2 batteries instead of 4. I cant figure out how he did it. Anyone done this so I can buy 2 batteries instead of 4..?
Kevin

DSD277

You're just removing the 2nd 12 volt battery that is parallel from each high and low side of the 24v system. I did this when I got the FDT a year and a half ago.
You are still retaining the 24v and the split 12v. IIRC, the unused lugs and cables for the 2nd batteries can be unbolted from the rest of the cable.
Not complicated, BUT if you're not sure of what you're doing, don't do it.

Aernan

New 6T batteries

I'm having the situation where I may replace all my batteries at the same time with new ones. I see that many companies make batteries in that form factor. If you were going to replace your pack what brand would you pick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Scott z

Part #7256 is $207.99 before core charge refund
Part #7256D is $223.99 " "

The core charge refund is $36.00 when you return the old ones. Don't forget to stretch before you start moving those puppies around. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks