• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

views from the maintaince shop

Now we aren't showing,we have time for maintainance. The command car runs beautiful but needs a brake job as their are no brakes. the mud and clay were just jammed inside the drum and backing plate.The convertable frame had been welded and is being restored to folding condition with the tarping being done as well The ferret was drained of old oil and fuel, topped up and we turned her over with the plugs out getting good spark. Hope to have this one running next week. The 800 wt truck is still being rewired but has new brakes and leaf spring shackles were replaced as they wore away to the side with a run date of Sept. Old Ironsides the M38 still donates parts to the others but may be converted to a 106 Recoiless Rifle Jeep next year. After Nov 1 I may be residing in Kandahar for 6 months but that is still up in the air. We are headed to the 914 Wing airshow at Niagara Falls AFB tommorrow. We couldn't take anything as we couldn't get the Hercs to fly in the vehicles and we aren;t plated to road move anything especially across the border
Smith out

Attachments

KaiserM109

RE: Re: RE: views from the maintaince shop

Cool machines, guys. I love the command car!

I drove an M37 in Vietnam. We had a command inspection once and I got dinged because of the lugs on the wheels. It seems that the hubs with the studs are interchangeable front-to-back. Someone had swapped mine diagonally so that I had right hand lugs on both sides of the front and left hand lugs on the rear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks