• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Cab Support M1078

IFAV

Hello,

I got yesterday my M1078A1.
During my inspection I found one damaged part.
I need a source of supply for a resilient mount, shown on the picture.
The lower resilient rubber piece is worn out and must be replaced.
IMG_1506d.jpg
Figure 191, Item 13

thx

DSD277

These are the isolators. The upper is still made, the bottom is obsolete. And it was 2 years ago when I was told that, both from BAE and a commercial supplier.
Unfortunately, I don't remember what I made the new ones from exactly, but know they were suspension bushings:???: . But you do need them about the same height as original, or you could crush your grille when tilting the cab. Don't ask me how I know..:x.. fortunately, it was an previously "modified" grille :lol:

Attachments

Lmtv772

Banned
These are the isolators. The upper is still made, the bottom is obsolete. And it was 2 years ago when I was told that, both from BAE and a commercial supplier.
Unfortunately, I don't remember what I made the new ones from exactly, but know they were suspension bushings:???: . But you do need them about the same height as original, or you could crush your grille when tilting the cab. Don't ask me how I know..:x.. fortunately, it was an previously "modified" grille :lol:
I would like to know where you found the replacement parts, too :) can you remember?

DSD277

Well. my bushings did come from BAE before they closed. The quote basically says the rest. I did get a 2nd set of uppers at the time, that if needed, I could cut them down to make the lower bushings.
IIRC, I had the remains of the lowers and matched as best I could at a HD truck parts house

But take the pn and do a google search. It will give a manufacturer of that type of item.

Back when I was working on my truck, I located a lot of items that way. If the pn doesn't start with 123,124 or such ( which was S&S items) the pn was of the original manufacturer, and it was easy to trace from there.
Once you have a manufacturer, their website will usually have distributor lists. If not, call the manu and ask for a name one of their stocking distributor. They will be happy to do that... but don't try to buy direct, most companies don't deal with end users and get peeved, and the help ends.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks