• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 is it worth putting a turbo on?

CUCVLOVER

I have a 86 m1008 and I was wondering if a turbo is worth the money on these trucks. All I have done to the motor is true dual 2.5 in exhaust with no mufflers and I put a new air filter on that was the same as stock and I ran a hose from the inlet to a hole in driver side fender sort of behind the head light to get some cooler air.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
Chase coker. :smile:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 6.2 is a low power motor with or without a turbo . I would concentrate on making it a reliable daily driver before spending tons of money on high dollar mods.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoy the turbo I've added to mine after lifting it and putting in on HMMWV wheels and tires.

Csm Davis

On a stock block I probably wouldn't put on a turbo. It will gain you some hp with some pump mods but the GM blocks are known to be weak and fail under stress. If you want a 250+ hp stock type motor you will need to get one of the newer 6.5 GEP blocks to work with.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Factory setup from a 6.5. Was cheap. I gave $500 for all of it. Sold the 6.5 long block and pump for $300.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can smoke the tires without a turbo just fine.

Use the brake pedal on deceleration, rather than the throttle pedal on acceleration.

Simple.

cucvrus

[thumbzup]Are you the same guy that could not get the truck started yesterday in 30 degree weather? It is colder today then yesterday. I would put twin turbos on it and either injection with a super charger like the big trucks have. Then it will start and smoke the tires all at the same time. :driver:Look out you will go up one side of the road and down the other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks