• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone near Ft. Leonard Wood?

jeli

I'll be there Sept 13 to 17. If you haven't picked it up yet and need eyes on it let me know. I might be able to break away from training and take a look.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks jeli and gmayor! I ended up winning a crate of pipeline tools at FLW today. I thought they would go great with my Dad's M756A2. It should make a good Christmas present ;)

Gmayor, it would be great if you could take a look at the lot and give me an idea of how much stuff is there. The listing was a little vague. Imagine that ;) The crate is 6'x2'x2'. I'll have to get some estimates on freight. I'll PM you the details. Thanks!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think so Kenny. Some BII stuff like wrenches, pipe clamps, but no rare stuff like sheaves or a trunion. It'll be cool nonetheless.

gmayor

I answered your PM which the 24 hrs was up so I didn't see what you got. I can go by first thing Monday and check it out. What was the lot number?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Darn. It is lot 7054. It should be a big wooden box of pipeline tools. Thanks George!

TOOL KIT PIPELINE CONSTRUCTION. PACKED IN (1) WOODEN BOX 72” X 24 X 20 WITH SOME COMPONENTS UNPACKED. INCLUDE 3/ 4 IN SOCKETS, PIPE WRENCHES, BREAKER BARS, TAPE MEASURES, OPEN AND BOX END WRENCHES. PICTURE ARE A REPRESENTATIVE OF KIT, QUANTITIES MAY VARY. BUYER LOADS NO ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE.

Approximate Dim. or Lot Cube: 72" x 24" x 24" (L x W x H)

FSC: NSN Number: Units: Description:
1. 5180 5180007993342 1 KT TOOL KIT,PIPELINE C

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Once you determine the weight and dimensions of this - I'll be at FLW the second week of September (in a Buiick) - that could get it as far as Memphis. Won't be heading back to VA until October though.

Just a thought.

DD

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Anyone near Ft. Leonard Wood?

jasonjc said:
What's you going to Fort lost in the woods for??? Or is it Top Serect?
I am taking photos at the Chemical Corps Museum of gear used by US forces in Vietnam - this is for a book I am working on.

DD

Crazyguyla

RE: Re: RE: Anyone near Ft. Leonard Wood?

I'm about as close as anyone can be to Ft Lost in the Wood. I live on post in the Nice vintage housing.. I know what the box looks like.. Sorta like a Engineer Carpenter's Box, just bigger.. a bit bigger..

George, if I can get away from work, I could help you find the box.

David, If you need help with info .. I could help.. since most of the chemical gear didn't change much from Vietnam to Desert Storm.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hi Marcus. That would be great if you can help George! I will need to arrange shipping. George knows a local guy that might be able to get it on the back of a truck at his shop. You guys are great!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Well, George had a chance to meet with the GL rep yesterday and he informed George that there is more than just the crate. There are actually more tools and parts that need to be picked up outside of the box. Sheesh. Does anyone have a pick-up close to FLW that could load this stuff up for me? I will gladly pay for time and materials to get it crated or boxed up for shipping. Thanks!!

67Beast

Re: RE: Anyone near Ft. Leonard Wood?

DDoyle said:
jasonjc said:
What's you going to Fort lost in the woods for??? Or is it Top Serect?
I am taking photos at the Chemical Corps Museum of gear used by US forces in Vietnam - this is for a book I am working on.

DD
David, if you need any pics of an M51 inflatable chemical shelter trailer I have a very nice clean original 1968 one that is now in full operation mode. http://www.davidallenracing.com/M51.htm

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind - and VERY cool to put one back in operation.

Regards,
David

Crazyguyla

Here's the pictures. the small yellow clamps weigh 45#, the medium weight 55#, the large probably around 80-100# each. I haven't weighed anything else, been busy repacking and unloading the truck. The big silver rings are part of the pipe cutter setup. Three of the rings have broken handles. The handles are cast aluminum.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks