• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CLIP,SPRING TENSION BLAST SHIELD for an M1045

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone out there in TV land have a slant back with the CLIP,SPRING TENSION BLAST SHIELD still on it.
Ah what is a CLIP,SPRING TENSION BLAST SHIELD you ask. Me tooo. But I believe it was only found on the TOW models and provided somes sort of protection from the firing of the TOW.
I am working on my 1986 m1045 and it was removed from the top (just above the rear hatch) I'm looking for pics so I can fabricate one. Or heck I'll buy one if someone has one laying around.
Thanx in advance.
Dj 8)

Jimmy

DJ,

I have a 1026 and am not real sure what that is. I have looked at tow missle tops and the only difference I have noticed is the blast deflectors around the antenna and along the sides of the hatch, other than that I can not tell them apart.

If you figure it out let me know. There is a tow missle model not far from my house and if it will help I will go look at it for you.

TedG

This what I found on short notice...but like emmado22 says get the nsn and also get manuals if you do not have them already. Good luck.

Try TM9-2320-280-24-P1, figure 235, item #24, clip spring tension, Part number:12339596

or for a blast sheild on the antenna: figure 237, item #6, sheild, blast, vehicu Part number: 12339642

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NSN is 5340-01-448-4316.
Jimmy, if you ever get a chance I would love some pics of the TOW model.
Although not running, the M1045 I picked up was mostly complete. Only a couple of thousand miles. Would like to see what it is missing.
Still looking for the TOW night sight.
Dj

jasonjc

Go to the bottom of this page, to the white box that says post reply click it, then that page will have a place to add pic's.

TedG

Dj,

That nsn refers this part number 12339569 and it is part of kit p/n 57K 223, it is the sheild strips around the hatch.

See figure 244 item number#2 in the same manual mentioned above.

Did you get the M1045 in TN?

Ted

Attachments

Jimmy

DJ,

I will try to get by there and get some pics by Monday at the latest. But the pic that Ted posted shows it very well, in fact it looks identical to the one I was talking about, parking lot and all, very strange...

TedG

That is a picture of a M1045 that was/is for sale on ebay in Knoxville, TN this summer. It is not mine. Would have been a great project for someone for it was fairly complete.

Jimmy

That is what I thought. It is the same one and it is still there. Guess that saves me a trip across town.

This guy always has one or two sitting around and has a couple of warehouses full of parts. The last time I was there he also had a restored M998 and a M151A2 with every option made.

TedG

Nice M1045 your building....where did you get TOW equipment?

For the clip,spring,tension blast shield, try:

Jim Henry's company 704.983.5940

or for a gold plated one:

Chuck Dadlow (old jeepacres) 219.363.8402

BTW, I have 5 new Goodyear MT radial (37") on like new rims for sale that sure would spiff up that truck! Let me know...they are in MI.

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Bruce,
You need some more vehicles... Looks like the herd is getting a little small.
who bought your M1045?
Dj

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanx Ted,
It's actually an old pic. I have since installed a new set of radials on the upgraded 12 bolt rims and a 9K electric winch.
thanx for the offer though.
Dj

Attachments

TedG

Dj,
It looks like you done a lot of good work to her! With TOW, for fun, put on one of my "repro" butterfly grills. They are made of aluminum...see picture.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks