• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rockwell Mods

spicergear

I'm doing some Rockwell steer rears for a guy for one of his projects and took a bunch of pics that you guys may dig. Shortside shaft was fine, longside was the worst I'd ever seen!!! Rusted, pitted, and the u-joint had 1/4" of play in it and was just flat annihilated. :skull: :freaked: Got a pic of the Detroit going in and a pic of a Detroit and an Ouverson Engineering Mini-Spool side by side. Some blingin' chunk parts. [thumbzup]
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spicergear/album?.dir=/859a

Westech

CPL
big power lines lol. sorry im just joking. I just wish I had the time and place you do to futs around with all this stuff. You need a full time hand? I work cheap 45k/y :turn:

M1075

What is the difference (advantages/disadvantages) between the Detroit and an Ouverson Engineering Mini-Spool? What kind do I need for my deuce?

spicergear

The detroit will disengage when input is from the axle like decelerating or coasting BUT is locked ANYTIME power is applied from the driveshaft. The Mini-Spool is neat chunk of steel broached for the axle splines and locks both axles to each other all the time. In no way will one axle spin apart from the other unless there is breakage. The Detroit would be a little more street friendly. They'll click and bang now and then that takes a couple times hearing to get used to. Good stuff though!

Check out pics #3 and #4. That's how much slop was in the U-joint. YIKES! :shocked:

spicergear

Hey Westech, did you see the gallery marked 'Rockwells?' That hole in the high clear pan from USAsuckmydix was how I pulled it out of the box!!! Supposed to be welded inside and out. That was a massive hole, like 1/8"...WHICH IS MASSIVE WHEN IT'S SUPPOSED TO HOLD OIL!!! Both pans leak. I'm overjoyed to have the sh!t on my truck...can ya tell? :banghead:

Trango

Dude

You and I were like seperated at birth.

PS Didn't you know that Lincoln makes a quite serviceable rockwell locker? ;) Got "them" in both F and R (and I also have 2 spare chunks sitting around!).

Nice parts though!

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks