• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-54 winch

groundog

:wink: will a winch from a m-54 bolt up to a m-813/ are frame exrensions same---will pto bolt to the m-813 trans/ I know the driveshaft will be to short--thanks

acetomatoco

Have fun... only about a hundred bolts... thankfully some of them have captive nuts.. I just stripped one off a M139....3/4 drive socket set, tanker bar, and lots of PB BLaster...no noisy wrenches for me...I took off the bumper and gussets in one piece and then the 4 frame extensions, marking each one as they look too similar to me, and then the bolts holding the winch adaptors to the frame and slid the whole rig forward onto my little forklift...oh yeah, of course the shear pin was easy to take out, but Soldier 1 had not greased the collar for 50 years so I had to disassemble the Ujoint to get it apart...also found two dry grease fittings under the floor on the winch and xfer case lever pivots...just like new after the same 50 years...Big iron makes me smile..

groundog

:driver: thanks---wasnt sure if pto would bolt to trans---was the m-54 trans air shift? I will have to modify winch driveshaft because the Cummins is a longe engine

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks