• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jerry can seals? Where 2 get replacements?

superburban

I have the opportunity to aquire a "boatload" of surplussed 20l. jerry cans for a reasonable price. The only problem is that most of them need new seals on the lids. These cans are the kind that have the small oblongish opening that is not centered on the side of the can. You know, the kind that have the integral lid that cams down to seal.

I will definitely pick up this lot if I can source the seals. I already picked through the lot and bought all of the cans that still "burp" when opened.

superburban

Oh, sorry. Metal cans. I'll take a pic tonight and post it tomorrow (if my filthy camera will cooperate with me).

I just checked out http://www.swissarmyvehicles.com/contact.php as sailor2000 suggested in a PM. They, indeed, have the seals for sale for 5$ apiece. They have Swiss jerry can seals, but it appears that they are identical to the Canadian cans I have. I'll have to try one or 2 of them out and get back to y'all about it.

devilman96

Their Euro Trash cans... not the US issue ones... I personally much prefer them over the USGI cans (quiet Kenny LOL) Unless they are in some incredibly perfect condition I wouldn't buy them as they can be had in functional condition for 10$ a pop and new gaskets run 9$ each.

superburban

Maddawg,
You rule the school! That is exactly what I need! And at less than half the cost of the previouse supplier to boot!
Thanks.

Tx75Pinz

JMO, this style can beats anything I have ever used that was manufactured here. It definitely beats the "new" plastic" ones that are supposedly safe for people in California to use. MadDawg thanks for the link.

superburban

Tx75Pinz said:
JMO, this style can beats anything I have ever used that was manufactured here. It definitely beats the "new" plastic" ones that are supposedly safe for people in California to use. MadDawg thanks for the link.
Yes Sir,
The truth proceedeth forth from your mouth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks