• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV head lights, breakers and CTIS??

Mjvaden

Does any one know where I can find head lights, and the part to hold the head lights? Also need ALL the breakers and CTIS. The the Clovis ring things on the front of the truck.

Bought a truck in Atlanta and some one decided to steal the all the above between last week when I previewed them and today when I went to pick up. ERRRRR soo pissed!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The shackle is a commercial 9 1/2 ton and is an ebay item. The headlights are 7" 12 volt from your auto parts store. The headlight housings are mil standard, same as M151, HMMWV, etc. Contact Auctionaddict for the CTIS. I would INSIST that GL replace the breakers from an upcoming derelict truck. They are a problem to find.

Someone swiped my LMTV shackles at the Ft Worth Truckcenter, so I feel your pain a little bit.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Got me. Do you need the whole panel or just the relays and breakers. I believe the lmtv version of a pcb is the 2 relays on the underside. Send me some pics of what you have or at least where it goes with the connectors. Will@pawnking.com

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick look at the parts TM for the headlight bulb number, then a quick google search, is how I just figured out if they are 12 or 24 volts.

You have the TMs saved on your own computer now, don't you.

I do, so I can open them in an instant, for quick answers.

paradeduty

I am not sure about the other series trucks (although a common "design theory" would not be surprising), but on my 1980's era HEMTT's and LVS everything including lighting is 24 volt. Somewhere between then and the 1990's when my PLS and HET were designed/built, the idea had changed to 12 volt lighting and "controls" and 24 volt starting, etc. I.E. - my 1990's PLS and HET are 12 volt lighting. I suspect that it may have had something to do with the change to the "electronically controlled" Detroit Diesels in the 1990's trucks. I think they still wanted to stick with the same engine as the HEMTT/LVS line, but General Motors may have given them a bit of grief over developing a dedicated electronics system for 24 volt. Just my thoughts. But yes - I would not be surprised if your lighting on "late model" MV's is 12 volt.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also try Jim Henry for the breakers and relays. He has some in stock, in very limited quantities. Google Henry's Truck and Equipment Sales, in Albemarle NC for the contact info and location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks