• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you work beneath your truck, absolutely close the cab doors!

frioman

I can't stress this enough. Yes...I did it. I was being so careful working beneath my M923, then I had to get something out of the cab and left the cab door open. I crawled beneath the truck, crawled back out, stood up, and BAM! I hit my head on the opened door. Man I know I got a concussion and lost brain cells that I can't afford to lose. Uhmm...let's say it hurt REALLY bad.

Now in addition to making sure the doors are closed, I also wear one of those plastic replica baseball batting helmets when I'm working around the truck. It resembles a baseball cap but it's made of hard plastic -- basically a hardhat. Trust me, you don't want this to happen to you...ever.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All that means is that you have worked on an MV. Done it a couple of times which may explain other problems. ;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been there, done that.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
YEP, most times I find the ground real QUICK, while we are on safety working under the trucks, you should try to ware goggles, the clear ones with the elastic strap, they are a lot easier to keep on then glasses and keeps stuff from going around the lens of glasses. because it is a MV truism that if bits of crap are above you, it WILL end up on your face and in your eyes.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing truer than a deuce biting you is a piece of armor doing it. There are sharp corners and edges everywhere.

Al Harvey

The sharper the edge or the larger the drip is directly related to the odds of you hitting it or it getting in your eye.

zout

Yup..will say it's at the top of my list of the dumbest more hurtful injuries. And I thought the first time was bad enough I did it several times after that.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, I've hit my head on the door bottom and other locations under a truck. Banged my noggin just last week.....or couple of weeks ago?.....maybe a month? Gee, I don't remember stuff as well as I used to :confused:

oboyjohn

I have done that at least a few times in the Forces and I believe I still have the scar on my upper back to prove it. Always close the doors before going under it!!

dilligaf13

I'm not going to throw anyone under the bus, but I know someone on this forum who was forced (by the now ex-wife) to wear a hockey helmet anytime he worked under his deuce. All because of one little trip to the ER for some stitches.....

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rule # 1 of Rules of Engagement. Close all doors.
Been there and lucky for me nothing important is stored in there.

Last edited:

PureMayhem

That is the reasons why I named my M923 "Audrey II". That is the name of the big green bloodsucking alien plant in the movie Little Shop of Horrors. Every time I work on it she takes a little bit of my blood.

18operator

I've banged my noggin on the front bumper of my truck! I may have knocked myself clean out... Don't remember much after that. Problem is, you can't close the bumper.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was reverse engineering the M927 a while back I was using the "blue flame speed wrench" to cut things off the truck. I had to crawl under the truck several times to cut out some plumbing and each time I came out at a certain place I would whack my head......four times in less that 30 minutes....each time telling myself to watch for that head banger. The last time I lost my religion and torched off more metal that I actually needed to. I mean...the truck had to be punished....right.

Gunzy

Been there, done that. And as an auto technician I can atest to that NOT being a MV novelty. Oh, and if you're under a running truck inspecting, you may want ear plugs as that air dump in your ear is WAY loud. What? Did you say something? :lol::lol:

phil2968

I remember a certain psychic member of this forum showing up at the 2010 Georgia Rally with a fine shiner on his eye. He said it was from lowering a deuce spare tire winch and the handle got away from him. I think he smarted off to the wife. He kind of looked like this. (Note, pic is not the real subject but a poorly paid stand in)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks