• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 tire pressure questions

Big Tex

To All -

I have a question that could go two ways... the tires on my M923A2 (21,550 lbs) has the tires it came with when I purchased it from auction (good condition) ... the TM says 60PSI is Standard Road PSI. The tires show 100PSI when cold on the side wall... Any tips or advise from other owners on which is a proper PSI? or what they run?

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To All -

I have a question that could go two ways... the tires on my M923A2 (21,550 lbs) has the tires it came with when I purchased it from auction (good condition) ... the TM says 60PSI is Standard Road PSI. The tires show 100PSI when cold on the side wall... Any tips or advise from other owners on which is a proper PSI? or what they run?
Does your CTIS work? If not, look on the data plate on your dash and see what it says for Highway . Mine is 55 psi.

Big Tex

The TM says 60PSI... the Tire side wall says "when Cold 100PSI"... the plate in the front says "CTIS PSI - HIGHWAY 60, Secondary 35, Off Highway 25 & Emergency 12"

The other question in regards to the air pressure... could over inflation of tires cause the CTIS to go off?...

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TM says 60PSI... the Tire side wall says "when Cold 100PSI"... the plate in the front says "CTIS PSI - HIGHWAY 60, Secondary 35, Off Highway 25 & Emergency 12"

The other question in regards to the air pressure... could over inflation of tires cause the CTIS to go off?...
I'm not real sure what you mean by " cause the CTIS to go off ". IF your CTIS works and you manually over inflated your tire(s), the next time your started your truck they would deflate to 60 psi.

MtnSnow

Andy is correct. If your CTIS is working and you manually filled the tires to a pressure Higher than the CTIS pressure they will get deflated to the CTIS pressure.
Also be aware that if one tire is correct and one tire is over pressure the system will actually deflate both tires until the HIGH tire is correct and THEN FILL the now low tire....It's works that way as each axle only has a single fill/deflate valve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks