• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Torque rating

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lug nuts, head bolts ?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sticker on the valve cover?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It would have SAVED a lot of time by stating that your looking for the torque for the engine and NOT for the parts for a fix, ALSO TQ means what, guessing you are trying to mean torque, then how are we to know torque of what, gave you the answer for finding the torque requirements for the truck, ALL OF IT.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For post # 7, I simply Googled "3116 ataac torque".

You're welcome.

Blackmagic94

And I looked at that website before I posted that. Did you even read it because it doesnt list that engine let alone thr data I was asking for or the difference in thr mtv output.

ive also read that the first batch were 225 hp on a lmtv and 290 on a mtv and later models were 275 and 330.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I did read it, and thought it was what you wanted.

I'm also wondering why it is so important to know and why not just wait and read the label on the valve cover.

ive also read that the first batch were 225 hp on a lmtv and 290 on a mtv and later models were 275 and 330.
Wherever you read that, you should ask for the torque too.

Once again, sorry to try to help you.

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

So the TM doesnt state it and no one here knows?

When did S&S start using upgraded Cat motors as well?

I found an old article on google for a military magazine talking about how Cat was going to use a new enigne to meet EPA emission in 2004 and it stated how the power had increased but again no mention of torque output of the motors.

Blackmagic94

Well all be!

I would think the MTV would be north of 800 lb ft for the tow rating it has but who knows, I ll get my engine ID and call Empire CAT and see if they can run the number

on a side note,

who has reflashed their LMTV to MTV specs and what did the dealer charge you for the flash

datadawg

on a side note,

who has reflashed their LMTV to MTV specs and what did the dealer charge you for the flash
Too many acronyms for me, but are you asking about fiddling with engine management computer to make more horsepower? I have seen that done by various tuners for sports cars. I did not think that was even possible with these low tech diesels. Is it?

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The newer trucks are not like the older trucks. The new ones have electronic control systems on them.

Want a scare just look at thee troubleshooting section for an M1078 transmission....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks