• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Information regarding FMV licensing in Utah; also chance of picking one up in Europe.

saddamsnightmare

February 25th, 2015.

Gents:

Looking for peculiar licensing issues for either Unimog U1300L or S404.114; or M35A2 aand lastly M38/M38A1 for everyday use in Utah (due to possible reposting); and secondly, possibility of picking up U1300L in Europe and shipping home after 18 month posting in France? The alternate vehicle for France might be an MB/M38/M38A or Dutch M38A1 if they are obtainable, and shipping same back from overseas......

Not saying either one's going to happen, but knowledge is your friend, and I do know that either type has to be over 25 years old for importation into the US. If I get the posting in France, you might be surprised where I will end up with the NPS. Curiosity does kill the cat!

Have a Great Evening!:whistle:

saddamsnightmare

colorful-fireworks-vector-525455.jpgJuly 6th, 2015.

Gents:

So far, it doesn't look like I will be facing either registration or importation question raised above in post No. 1, but I do hope to get reposted, so I will likely be inquiring as regards the registration laws in whatever state I am apt to be sent to.

Hope you all had a safe July 4th!

Gunzy

Utah does not have specific FMV licenseing. They do have "Vintage" plates for vehicles over 30 years old but fees will still be based on GVWR until it is 40 years old then it will be $10 a year. Vintage plates do have driving restrictions so aren't supposed to be used for daily/frequent drivers. Utah does require a state safety inspection and some counties require Emmissions testing for gas and some for diesel. As far as foriegn imports I am not sure but you can go to Utah.gov and search DMV vehicle licensing requirements for all the information you seek. You can also find safety and emmissions requirements there too. Hope this helps. Where will your posting be? I ask because what county you live in will determine emmissions requirements.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks