• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV won't start

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
yes, raise the cab then jump across the starter solenoid, the start relay is 12v, if ALL the sensors AND the stars are in correct alignment, that POS will work. anytime I have a starting issue, and know the batteries are half way good, I just start off the starter, 99% of the time, the truck starts right up, I have a m1078 in my driveway now that I am going to da a temp start relay work a round for the client, he can do what he wants once he gets the truck, I myself would leave the temp rig up, because of the start relay issues.

On the starter solenoid, there is TWO small wires, the one towards the outside of the starter is the ground, the one towards the block is the solenoid activation wire, go from the HOT (top )post on the solenoid to the activation wire post, bingo, she starts, NOTE, you will have to remove some caulking compound from the post to get to the metal.

Last edited:

fastsailor

i had to replace most of my relays as a lot didn't work and some had 4 pins in locations that needed 5 pins.
my 1078 wouldn't crank until i replaced them then i got it to crank but not start and i found a 4 pin relay in a spot for 5 pins switched it and it fired right up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks