• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DragonCon 2007 Parade...MV's wanted!

rmgill

So I've had a few nibbles for MV's but no real takers yet.

The Convention has a Parade. Last year I had two of my own MVS in it and the Senior Director LOVED the vehicles in the parade. So, I was asked to see if more would come. We have slots for 3 Vehicles.

This thing is huge, 20,000 people show for this convention. The details of what the convention has going on can be found at (www.dragoncon.org).

If you're not a con regular I've been given the ability to get you and a 2nd person each a Saturday pass for no charge. (They're normally $40 each!)

Jeeps are good, bigger trucks are better. Really big trucks that make lots of noise are great. The hope is that we can put some of the folks that are in the appropriate time in or around the vehicle (WWII or more modern as in Stargate SG1).

Saturday at 9am is the gather time.
10am is the parade. You'll need to contact me with your name, your vehicle, your 2nd person's name and an address for the badges that I'll get arranged and to update the parade coordinator.

You'll need to do this real soon.

Best way to contact me after tonight is 404-545-6205.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: DragonCon 2007 Parade...MV

I have checked this out in the past, and I really am interested. BUT I know my deuce is not really pretty enough with its old paint plus it is Ga.

Blythewoodjoe

Oh holy crap. I have too much to do but I would love to attend the show and putting the truck in would be just too cool. I am in the middle of completing a big job with a dead line of Sept. 15 and I am on the verge of getting behind in my regular sewer business. Work and prosperity on one hand, fun and excitement on the other. What to do, what to do.

My wife even told me I should go if I wanted to. Ryan, is there a place I could park a F550 and trailer that is safe and drive the truck to the convention? I just don't want to drive a bob deuce that far. I know I don't have time to do this but you only live once. You also only die once. Of course, is there a place for a bob deuce painted in Gillespie 319 with white stars on the doors?

Joe Trapp

Michael

there is a M1010 is several of the stargate episodes. If I could get motivated and finish it, it would be good for the show. It would be hard for me to get off to Atlanta two times so close together. I am planning on going to the Sept 15 show.

Blythewoodjoe

I hate to not to go, but I'm just too busy with work. I think if there continues to be a demand for MV's at the parade, I will plan on next year. If I'm still this busy with work I will be dead in a year anyway :cry:

After the dust settles I think it would nice to get a head start on what the organizers would like. I am sure a HMMWV would go nice with the "current" sci fi stuff and perhaps a deuce or 5 ton in current colors. We'll have to make plans.

Have fun everybody,
Joe Trapp

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Just make sure you are ready for the Ga Rally Joe........I still need to give you back your cylinder head stud nut wrench..... :oops:

Blythewoodjoe

Re: RE: DragonCon 2007 Parade...MV

clinto said:
..I still need to give you back your cylinder head stud nut wrench..... :oops:
I was hoping you still had it. I thought the other day about where it might be and I couldn't think of any place here. The brain don't work like it used to and I find myself hunting stuff all the time :roll:

I will be attending the Rally, I have already put money on a camping spot and I have the most odd looking cover on my truck now to sleep in. I will be there, I just hope I don't have to tow the truck.

Joe Trapp

Blythewoodjoe

RE: Re: RE: DragonCon 2007 Parade...MV

So Ryan, how did it go? Did you guys have a good turn out for the MV's. Hate I was too busy but there is always next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks