• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio

carmen

First of all I know nothing about radio equipment. Having said that I would like to put a complete and correct radio in my M37. There are a couple od show coming up and I like to see if I can pick up some parts.

What I would like - if anyone has it - is a complete list of what I would need. The correct part number would be great. Don't have the cash for the complete system all at once but spread out over time is what I need to do.

Thanks

Carmen

Carmen

Mike_L

Radios

Carmen,

I'd start over at Mark Green's Radio Site. He has a section on '50s vehicular radios that has some really good info (http://www.nf6x.net/greenradio/grcsets/grcsets.html). Some of it depends on the era and user context. There are more modern sets used that replaced the older commo gear and I think Mark has some of it on his site also.

Or, I suppose, you can get one of the RATT rig boxes and put it in your truck if you are feeling really motivated.

Good luck with it and post some photos of it as you progress. I've only seen one proper radio installation in an M37 a few years back at an MV show.

nattieleather

RE: Radios

It depends on what era you are outfitting your M37 for. If it is Korea and shortly there after the Rt-68 and PP-112 set up would be correct. If it is Veitnam (remember the 3.4 dodge was a work horse in Nam) then the VRC-12 (Prc-25 with mobile amplifire/power supply) or VRC-24 (RT-524) and it's componets would be correct. The two systems are as different as night and day.

Cav Trooper

PRC 77 mount in M37

I have a PRC77 I am trying to mount in my M37. I have mounted the MT1029 and have a AM2060. My question is, I have a power cable that is correct and another multipin cable labeled J503. Do I need this second cable for any reason? Also the bottom of the 1029 has two power cable sockets, which one should I use? Where can I get a coax cable also. I also need the lock nut that fastens the plugins into the junction box of the AM2060, it is just a threaded lock ring. Help is much appreciated. I have looked through the TM 11-2300-352-15-5 got the mounting dimensions but can't find hook up instructions that refer to cable locations.

Cav Trooper

PRC installation

I just examined the J503 cable and there is another tag indicating that it is a 4723/VRC cable. Still don't know if it is needed and where to connect it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks