• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up my first Jeep

amanco

Well, it is not an MB, :( but we can't have everything. It is a '47 CJ-2a as far as I know. (date on windshield galss) I will post some photos after the weekend. I can say that the tub is rusted out/patched but I bought a replacement tub that did come off a '44 MB so it shouldn't look too civi to the untrained eye. Though I will probably take all kinds of grief from the "trained" eye. Hey, it is a present for the wife! Only thing she knows is it is a Jeep! Like Lane said, when she is happy we are all happy!

amanco

Well, here it is. CJ2a serial # 44249 so that makes it a mid year '46. I will post a photo of the new tub when I pick it up. It is going to take a bit of wrenchin and such but it will be a driver and it is all a labor of love :wink:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Stretch! You have some competition as the owner of the worst looking POS flat fender on Steel Soldiers!

Throw some duct tape on that CJ Keith, and I'm sure you'll win!

Just kidding. This is going to be a heck of a resto project, but it sure will turn some heads when you show the before and after photos!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bit of wrenchin, a few pounds of elbow grease and a couple a bucks and you'll have a great Jeep for your wife! I hope she'll let you drive it some, after it's done. Good luck with it and please keep the pictures coming!

Todd Haley

Hi Keith,
Looks like ya got alot of fun there! Also looks like ya got a few military parts, hood, fenders, rear panel of the new body and I think the fuel tank too.Could you post a closer pic of the fuel tank?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks