• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy with Aervoe 997B 24084

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have now been using this paint for more than six momths and the parts painted in early Spring are still rich in color and matches original parts.
The paint is also very hard and I hope it stays this way.
I have taken pictures under various conditions to attempt to get a good color reproduction, this is right after a rain storm.

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I should be able in a few days to post a "comparison photo" of before and after weathering Gillespie semi-gloss OD. (I peeled off the door bridge weight classification sticker - exposing the unweathered paint beneath). I think I can do the same with Aervoe as well. (both of these on the same truck, a couple years apart. Truck is currently being repainted with neither Gillespie nor Aervoe. Bjorn, I hope your experience is better than mine was.

Regards,
David

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Happy with Aervoe 997B 24084

area52 said:
Looks good, what sort of prep work did you do before you painted? Sanded down to bare metal?
Rarily to bare metal.
I prep by cleaning, wire brushing, pealing flaking paint with a carpenter's chisel, degreasing, washing with soap and water. To get an even top coat, I prime everything with Rustoleum "Rusty Metal primer".
It's all done a small section at a time and bare aluminum is first primed with yellow zink chromate and then primed with Rustoleum.

At this time. I'm using rattle cans and it seems to work well.

David, I'm particularily pleased with the almost perfect match in color, since I'm not repainting frame insides for example.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Happy with Aervoe 997B 24084

The 997B is a "new" color according to Aervoe, perhaps (hopefully) the fading problem was solved....

mangus580

Yeah... and the fading as resolved according to them too ;-)

I wish you luck! (just like all of you wished me luck 2 years ago)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I know, my "Earth Yellow" faded very quickly where I tested it on the deuce.

So far, after six months, if I spray a spot from a fresh can on the aged paint (been exposed to the sun daily), there is no difference.

In any case, it's the color match that's most impressive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks