• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another Can you belive what's coming up on GL post

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Another Can you belive what

I bet the islanders will be fighting over those. Luau attire right?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Makes sense to me, the Alaskan units are part of PACOM PACOM is headquartered in Hawaii so the natural flow of excess is to the higher headquarters. What really threw me was finding a big batch of them in Kuwait in the 130 degree heat then I realised some poor Soldier in the mountains of Afghanistan would like them so I shipped some of them up there and the balance to Alaska.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Makes sense to me
30+ years of Army Life has taken hold of you, David! Good to see you have time to pop in here now and then!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Thanks Eric, we just wrapped up a major exercise and I accually did not have to wake up at 0315 this morning so getting up at 0500 felt good. My time is limited and I try to keep up I do miss not being able to get into the mess tent with you all but I look forward to retirement and spending a lot more time with the Steel Soliders.

jasonjc

well at frist I thought it was nuts too. But if the units in HI were to go to lets say N korea or AK. they would need to take that kind of stuff with them. The gremens, when they invaded russia in the spring didn't take cold weather grear. come winter time they froze to death. Just because it's hot where you are to day does not mean it will be hot where you will be tommrow.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back not so very long ago, III Corps contingency mission was for Korea... III Corps is based in Fort Hood Texas..... We had cold weather gear in the contingency war stocks warehouse for issue if need be... So it's not so crazy...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Massm35a2 said:
Check out the state of RI. They have some VCR remotes on GL. That should be a huge bidding war.
There will be now that you've posted it here!! rofl

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is paradise freezing over? Guess we have to tell the global warming crowd that they better pack it up, pack it in....

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A few months ago at several GL sites (on the same auction) they had new, unused 16 mm movie projectors. Most of these sites were Air Force bases.
Why was the AF hoarding these items for so long?
In ten years will there be a fire sale on new, unused VCRs from Uncle?
The lunatics are indeed running the asylum. :roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks