• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EUC needed/ travel restrictions in North / Central America..

tamangel

2 questions:

If one buys a deuce or other ex-military rig from a public agency (State/County/City, not Fed surplus / fed agency), or even a private individual, do you still receive a EUC certificate or has it been erased due to another party owning it..?

Has anyone ventured into Canada or Mexico/Central America with a rig as a camper base and had troubles (or expected to have troubles and therefore didn't go) coming back into the USA as far as EUC restrictions goes..or any other needed paperwork/records/etc..?

I know the guy on another forum with a Deuce Camper said he had been in and out of Baja w/no problems in the past, but hadn't made that trip since 9/11..

Mike

poppop

RE: EUC needed/ travel restrictions in North / Central Ameri

I bought my M813 on a GSA sale and did not need An EUC to pick it up. I tihnk Gl is the only ones that require it.

devilman96

RE: EUC needed/ travel restrictions in North / Central Ameri

I just recently went through all of this getting regestered as a exporter for restricted items... I can say from a hobbiest stand point I found the laws on MV's and surplus pretty mind bending.

No... contrary to popular belief EUC restrictions are not eased by resale and the restrictions specifically state that the reseller is responsible for recording the sale information as well as informing the new owner as to the EUC restrictions. There are also far more recent laws governing the import or exporting of military items which put further restrictions on MV's.

You can not take a MV or MV parts out for the US with out having an export certificate for said items... These restrictions were rarely enforced in the past however they are really cracking down on this lately and it doesn't matter from whom or how the vehicle was purchased. Its like a fire arm... in most states you can legally sell a fire arm with zero paper work from private party to private party... However its a controlled item and strolling across the boarder with one is a felony.

Where we think of these trucks as "trucks" or toys they are a restricted items and are now listed on a munitions list as an article of war by the US, international law and many more recently signed treaties and "arrangements" as they like to call them these days... The US gov could get you going out... the Mexican or what ever gov could get you coming in.... and vice versa on your return trip. You may stroll back and fourth with out an issue but with the recent hard on by congress and the home land security Nazi's circulating memos to the USBP in regards to MV's and surplus and with the recent spike in government interest with chasing down previously sold items which never required EUC's I don't think I would risk it.

devilman96

RE: Re: RE: United States Munitions List..

Does this mean that CUCV,s are on the list because of the little two gun mount in them? I thought it was suppose to mean something like a machine gun mount were you could fire it from the vehicle. And were is the mount on a M105 trailer? If it is just because it is a cargo trailer they better make cardboard boxes demil B?Q.
Outside of the above posted list there are treaties, accords and "Arrangements" the US has signed into more recently which pretty much makes anything surplus illegal to move in or out of the US border with out the right paperwork...

This being one of them... http://www.wassenaar.org/

USMilitarySurplus

devilman96, well said. You are correct that military vehicles are restricted items. They fall into the demil BQ classification and the government has been cracking down in regards to ALL BQ property, not just the trucks. On another thread, I mentioned that the government recently considered ending the sale of BQ items all together, but we're still selling them as of today. I heard that some of our buyers contacted their congressmen/women to express their displeasure at the potential stoppage of those sales.

As long as you keep records of who/ what/ when you sell BQ items, then you should be fine. The EUC form is completed by the initial buyer and that initial buyer will be contacted by the government should they decide to follow up on it. We do have customers who have been contacted by the government asking about items. One gentleman said they show up at his house periodically. I have no idea what he bought though.

TOBEXA

I don't want to sell, i just want to know if i can pull this thing behind my RV for let's say BAJA 1000? or do i need to start looking for a Jeep

jasonjc

The way the sh** is hitting the fan lately on this stuff, you mite be better off with the jeep. But this just my thinking.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with Hey Sues: What is the procedure and is the Border Patrol performing any special "considerations" regarding your vehicle?

Rick

avengeusa

if they are on the itar list and you leave the country, well lots of luck to you, you may bring stuff in, but US made stuff going out is a huge NO NO, you may not be hassled, but if a person in the know found out you would be nailed, guaranteed, the .gov has people who are looking for things like this, even if it is old equipment which has no current military use

be very careful, i cannot state this enough, I know how the govt works, and you do not want your behind caught up in their wringer, it is expensive and can cost you a lot more than money

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks