• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MERDC 4 colour for a M1009

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was there ever a 4-color pattern made for the CUCV? I think by the time they were issued to the troops, that the 3-color woodland had been used for a few years. The MERDC pattern was 1974 to about 1982 or so.

McGuyver

You'd probably have to modify the MERDC four color pattern for the M880, and/or the M886. I've got the M880 pattern if you decide you want to use it.

If however you mean the NATO 3 color pattern, then that's not a problem. That one is readily available, and you can obtain it from a variety of sources.

P.S. did you know there is an old and a new version of the NATO 3 color pattern for the M1008 CUCV? Subtle but noticable differences.

tankie88

I have the NATO 3 colour on the vehicle now.I'm going for the MERDC 4 colour,just trying to work out which of the colour schemes to go for.I've seen the patterns some one has already put on steel soldiers for the M880 and was thinking of using that any way,but it only showed the L/H side,front and rear + top.No R/H side.Just wondered if someone had a pattern thingy for a M1009 that was all.

McGuyver

They all look darker. Its partly because there isn't a true color representation on the computer (its hard to get a consistent color to display across all monitors ansd setups), and also because colors have a way of lightening up when spread over a large area and since you are looking at the color across a small patch on the computer screen, the color looks darker. Consider the color chart representations as approximates only.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I may not have the MERDC diagram for the M1009, but I think I have photos of the truck in this scheme. Let me know if this well help.

Regards,
David

Armada

P.S. did you know there is an old and a new version of the NATO 3 color pattern for the M1008 CUCV? Subtle but noticable differences.
I didn't know that. Only to the M1008? What are the differences? Is it a change to the pattern itself? When did the change take place? Is there a vin # cut-off?
I know.... questions, questions, questions..... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks