• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

URAL /Deuce symbiosis...

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who said that Russian- and American-made green steel doesn't combine well...?
See pics, attached below... Some parts look familiar, don't they?

This particular vehicle has seen better days, obviously. I remember well when the first batch of these URAL trucks maybe 30 of them were just delivered to the Uruguayan main army depot (mid 90's); all of them lined up; all of them very low mileage and appearing factory fresh! Besides them looking quite impressive, to me at least!

Interestingly, about 6 years later another (big)batch of almost 400 URAL trucks was added to their fleet and most of them are still in use, today.
A lot of them came with what is called the LAK-2 shelter- which wasn't really that useful here, not in this harmless- and almost tropical environment at least... But at that time our army also still had plenty of M35's left, so that's when they started transplanting the cargo beds.
Needless to tell, in the following years dozens of M35-"chassis-trucks" came up for auction...

And here is the link to the local auction were this truck.... was sold yesterday!

G.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks