• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dumb idea?

M715ForLife

My dad and I have 2 winches for the M37.

One on the front.

Would it be a good idea to put the winch under where the fuel tank is, and run a hydrolic line?

Then make 2 fuel cells across the frame rails, 20 gals on each side.

Then, cut acess hole ontop of the winch?

Good idea, or waste of money?

spicergear

I did this on my M715 way back when it had Locked Dana's under it before the 'Rocks. I swapped in a dodge fine spline divorced NP205 (as the stock NP200's hadn't a PTO port + the 205's don't overheat) then got a Muncie PTO for it. Got the PTO from ptohydraulics.com, iirc. It's got 150' of 1/2" wirecore cable and a lead of high grade German alloy chain and a lockable grabhook. Yep, it's a 10K Garwood from a deuce...as is the one up front. Modified 5 ton driveshaft works well. It's cool and got some serious "AWE" factor as I drove over a high obstacle at a Jeep event and everybody in the stands got a view of it, a buddy was in the crowd. That being said, it's nearly a $300 buck PTO, over $150 in cable, chain, hook, etc...and I've used it once. ONCE to rescue myself. Cool? -yep. Save ya an extraction charge? -yep. Entirely worth it? :shock: ...insurance of it is nice...and tough to beat the cool factor. HA! :D

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks