• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master Vehicle Light Switch Issue

SIMXVertigo

I'm working on my M1078 and came across a new push button Master Vehicle Light Switch (MVLS) that I decided to install in my truck.

Pulled all the batteries, pulled the dash, took out the old switch, grounded the new one then hooked the connector up in the back of the MVLS and then connected the batteries back up.

The unit works great! All the lights work and it looks dead sexy installed in the dash... until I start the truck. The MVLS goes dead and wont work until I pull the connection in the back of the MVLS and then it works again once it's plugged into the back again.

Have tried multiple ground points, multiple grounds, EVERYTHING but it just won't work when the truck starts up.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

sandcobra164

NDT,
There may be different push button light switches but I've never heard of it. I do know that the newer FMTV's have pushbutton light switches that look exactly like the one's you'll find in my Deuce or a HMMWV. I also know the newer FMTV's still have 12 volt light bulbs so there may be a little more to this issue or possibly a faulty switch.

SIMXVertigo

I'm pulling the blasted thing out after having read some topics here on SS and other boards.

It's not worth the risk to the truck or myself.

Thank you for the input guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks