• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 prices

Camando4000

I been saving up to get a m923a2 for gl, prices are not bad on there I just need more then 3500 that I have, so I was on Craigslist looking around and see a few on there for 13000 for the cheap on. I thought that was high for something someone bought from the government auction. Any input on that I know people would like to make money off of that but that seems to me like a 300% profit

dmetalmiki

Seems about right. I get Emails of sails and some of those trucks go for 6K-8K, and by the time a dealer trucks them out and services and repairs where wanted plus profit, soon mounts up. If I lived stateside G.L. is where I would bid I reckon. As some real bargains do come up. There was very nice wartime hudson commadore went for $8000, which I would loved to have bought. I thought that was a bargain to what it would be valued over here. Good luck in your quest though.

dawico

Shipping/ recovering is what makes the prices really go up when you get one at auction. Plus you can't really preview it if it is far (if preview is even allowed). Don't forget tax and auction fees too.

Camando4000

There is a place close to me that gl sells trucks from it about 120 miles or so, I thoght there would be more out there for sale by private sellers, for cheaper then 13000. I just going to keep saving and bidding hoping I get one by this summer to take my kids out riding around in it. Plus I have a bet with a best Freind I get one and drive it to his wedding in December, I got 500 buck on the line, but I sold my 63 Unimog in hopes of getting a 5 ton

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
This topic has been covered many, many times before on just about every vehicle and generator that has been auctioned. As mentioned shipping/recovery costs play into this even if local...unless you're real local, like living on the base and even then....

It is also a crap shoot. You can buy a truck that you have no real service history on. You can pay out 3, 4, 5, 6 thousand and find out you have a really large paper weight. So at a minimum you will need to do an A service on it before hitting the road. I agree that 13K is a lot of money but they are the ones taking the investment risk as well as time and expense of fixing anything that needs fixed.

Besides, they're not all 13K. Check the classifieds on this site and you might find some better prices.

A further word of advice, when you buy one, get a title, otherwise you're hosed.

wsucougarx

Just like others have stated, the guys selling these trucks took a potentially HUGE risk. At least at JBLM, they don't allow you to start them. So to the average bidder, running condition is unknown (don't believe GL when they say it runs). You don't know the condition of the tranny or transfer case until you get outside the gate and get her up to speed. Just like everything at auction, you're rolling the dice and hoping for the best. But you've got to plan for the worst. I myself have done at least 12+ recoveries. Of which 8 have been motored vehicles. Luckily, I didn't get burned on anything. But by buying privately, you're taking some of the risk out of the equation. At least you're able to test drive and really inspect the truck before committing.

I have purchased many vehicles(most non MV) from auctions. Remember most vehicles are at auction for a reason. A m923 I recenclty bought had a seized water pump, shredded belts, caged brakes, and shredded top. Also some electrical issues.

It said it ran in the auction listing. So if you would have bought a truck like that, you would not be able to drive it back. Now you have to factor in shipping, repairs, ect....

pay lay a little extra for a private sale. My 2 cents

Camando4000

Thank you guys for all you in for on but a truck from gl, I place a bid on one and won it and once I got there it was everything they said and no more once I add fuel to it and primed the fuel line she ran great, plus I bot it cheap, won the bid at 3000 and she runs great drove here home, 155 miles non stop and never missed a beat, so now I have my self a m923a2 for under 5 grand and it need a little work but she is a geat rig so far, looking in to meeting u with more people in the northwest area

Camando4000

Once I figure out how to get the pictures off my phone onto my computer I'll post them up, my is the tan version, I used mine first week I got it to pull 3 different stumps out of my dads back yard, roots and all. So much fun and way less digging!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks