• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H4 Halogen headlamp conversion

Sarge

Well, I really did try to search the SS site to find the answer to this one but to no avail. One of my trucks has Bosch headlamp assemblies with 24 volt 75/70 watt H4 bulbs in it. They are incredibly brighter than the headlamps on my deuce or 5-ton. I was fiddling about with the H4 assembly and happened to compare it to the stock US sealed beam. Woo-hoo! they are a bolt in swap. Except the wires connecting them must be altered. No problem, every auto parts store sells the connector for $3 or $4. Here's my problem, I found the 24 volt H4 bulbs on line, but I cannot find the headlamp assemblies. I did find a few 7" conversion kits, however, they had fancy pants diamond lenses that belong in Star Trek, not on my deuce. Can anyone (who is more computer savvy) help me find these? Believe me, I have already spent a couple of hours searching Al Gore's internet.
I have attached photo's of the Bosch lenses.
Thanks!

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I can check that yellow tag's number on Tuesday when the parts places are open. A friend has an account with some suppliers so I would be able to get them at a reasonable cost.

Sarge

This is just unbelieveable! I posted my request for help shortly before midnight on a Saturday evening. I'm not sure I expected a reply at all, never mind two replies within a couple of hours.
Gimpyrobb, thanks for the offer to look for me but it's no longer necessary. Blackdog's reply with the URL going to Garbee's page was exactly what I was looking for. I went to the website and ordered 6 Hella headlamp lenses, 6 H4 female connectors, four 75/70watt H4 bulbs and four 100/90watt bulbs. I am now $331 poorer but also $331 happier.
Once again, this list is just amazing!
(I'll have to donate now, just to make me feel less guilty)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks