• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Frame Repair

oldmx

I have searched the forum for a solution to my question but did not see and answer so I will ask it. I purchased a pipeline deuce 2 years ago and the fire department who owned it totally destroyed the bed so I decided to put a regular cargo bed on it. Now thinking that all deuce bed mounting brackets are in the same location I was in for a surprise. The pipeline bed does not mount the same as the cargo bed. The front mounts are a completely different configuration and also in a different position on the truck so here is my question. To mount the correct brackets to the truck I will need to drill new holes. The problem is that the new holes will be near the old ones and I am afraid of weakening the frame. Can I plug weld the old holes to strengthen this area to prevent frame failure without damaging the frame steel?

Thanks for your replies.

Mike

dmetalmiki

Just checked our m54a2 and where we had mounted the russian praga body on new welded mounts, 12 years later and some tough driving, No problems.

oldmx

I think I will go with jeepsinker's idea. Less welding and the brackets won't need to be moved anyway. Thanks for the replies.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks