• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

dual circuit brake system

Red Neck

I have one idea about using the brake system off of a M105 trailer to work one axle on the truck. Seperate the rear tandem and run it off a M105 (or commercial) air actuated hyd master cylinder. This can be controled off of the trailer air supply line. Then if you loose brakes on the front two axles, you will still have the park brake and the rear tandem.

Anyone else do something like this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[3]Manual is a SMARPI 9-2320-209-14&P SPLIT AIR-HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM [/3]

[3](MODIFIED M44A2 2 1/2 TON SERIES TRUCK)[/3]

[3]and according to the Component Description<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> consist of the following items,[/3]

[3]1. Dual system hydraulic master cyl, mounting bracket,petal shaft support, [/3]

[3]and yoke replace previously used single system master cyl. and components[/3]

[3]2. Addition of a second and identical air-hydraulic booster mounted under [/3]

[3]cab on right hand side.[/3]

[3]3. Dual chamber air reservoir with separate draincocks replaces one of the [/3]

[3]two previously used single chamber air reservoirs.[/3]

[3]4. Brake warning lamp added to instrument panel.[/3]

[3]5. New air and hydraulic routing(lines, tubes, fitting, valves)and the [/3]

[3]wiring to facilitate interconnection of component items 1 thru 4.[/3]

[3]and the system operation is:[/3]

[3]A. The split air-hydraulic brake system on modified M44A2 series trucks [/3]

[3]provide two independent air and hydraulic for actuation of the truck service [/3]

[3]brakes. One system actuates the front steering axle brakes, while the second [/3]

[3]system actuates the forward-rear and the rear-rear axle brakes.[/3]

[3][/3]

[3]Nope, I don't have the manual. Wished I did![/3]

[3][/3]

[3][/3]

Red Neck

I typed your description into yahoo search and it came up with a page, but of coarse it was down or tech difficulties, prob defunct. I will check back later.

Red Neck

very interesting ! That will give me something to play around with, wonder how much they get for them things?
Thanks for the info !!!!
I was doing all kinds of searches on brake systems and couldn't find anything like that.

DUUANE

lets just say it's been a long cold winter and i been waiting for parts....(too much time in front of the comp) :eyes:

Crazyguyla

i have this manual: SMARPI 9-2320-209-14&P SPLIT AIR-HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM (MODIFIED M44A2 2 1/2 TON SERIES TRUCK)

if anyone would like a copy, drop me a line. it tells how to rig the daul system and parts needed.

if anyone can tell me how create a PDF file, i'll didgitize it :D i'm just not smart with acrobat.

Albin

Crazyguyla said:
i have this manual: SMARPI 9-2320-209-14&P SPLIT AIR-HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM (MODIFIED M44A2 2 1/2 TON SERIES TRUCK)

if anyone would like a copy, drop me a line. it tells how to rig the daul system and parts needed.

if anyone can tell me how create a PDF file, i'll didgitize it :D i'm just not smart with acrobat.
PM me a copy and I'll PDF it at work tomorrow. If it's not more than 5 MB or so, it should be e-mailable.

Thanks,

Al

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dang! Guess I'm interested too. Like to see how they did the air-pak and all.
Statistically, the reliability is cut in half when the number of components are doubled, but for two failures to occur at the same time would be extremely remote.

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks