• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv vs rat rod titling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleE

Maybe this has been discussed before but I was thinking about this today. What's the difference between guys trying to title and license the hmmwv's from govplanet, and guys that drag out early 20th century crap from groves and drive it on the road?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never heard of a guy pulling a old rust hulk out of the weeds that came with a contract to not title/drive it on the road.

DoubleE

Ok so I have my buddy buy it, park it in his or hers grove and then I go through the same process these guys that build rat rods,rebuilders and kit cars do? This is what I'm getting at. I've seen some incredibly shady stuff on the road and people are concerned about these Humvees getting licensed?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Usurping the contract you signed to get the HMMWV could potentially land you (or whoever you get to buy it) in hot water with the feds. Regardless of how you do it, if you get caught it could tarnish the hobby and/or land you in Leavenworth.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the point isn't "you can't possibly make it happen"...

I think the point is "when you make it happen, you've breached a contract you made when you bought the vehicle and we don't want that discussed here"

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

EwaMarine

Honestly who cares? I say if you can drive it on the road and you have paper saying you can go for it! its like a dataplate saying US Property. Also last I checked its America. Sell it to your kid ...or ? that way THEY didnt sign some unreasonable and restrictive gvt form. Screw the lawyers trying to save some persons cushy job some where in the gvt..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the contract, and abide by it.

Or do whatever you want, just don't post about it here on SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks