• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1500

Brought the M 1500 almost home today. what a truck. it is awesome! air conditioning? Extra horse power? real runner. maybe to good of a runner as a transfer case bearing went a little south. no damage just needs to have a shim removed to tighten it up a bit. rather than ruin something i left it at a buds house and will go back early tomorrow to finish the job. not able to post pics due to the lack of intelligence on my part. but i will get the disc to lane and he may do it for me.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
woo hoo!!!

nopics

FrankUSMC

Are you sure it is a M1500? The photos are not the greatest, but to me that animal looks like the old P-4 crash truck. We had one at MCAS Cherry Point. The last time I saw her was in 1983.
One of the few, Frank USMC Ret.
CRASH CREW

FrankUSMC said:
Are you sure it is a M1500? The photos are not the greatest, but to me that animal looks like the old P-4 crash truck. We had one at MCAS Cherry Point. The last time I saw her was in 1983.
One of the few, Frank USMC Ret.
CRASH CREW[/quote the one in this ad looks just like mine and the one i have has the model number on the data plate listed as M1500. 1976. nothing Else to compare it to because this is the only one i have laid eyes and hands on. maybe they are similar to each other?

papercu

more

Here is some more pictures from the web. Wayne

1973 Oshkosh M1500 - $9,800
Notes
6 X 6 Pumper Truck, (1) Bumper Mounted & (1) Top Mounted Water Cannons, (14) Compartment Steel Service Body, Pumps 1000 Gpm @ 100 Psi @ 1080 Rpms Or 250 Gpm @ 300 Psi @1800 Rpms
Engine Make Caterpillar
Transmission ALLISON AUTO

Attachments

OshTruck_Trainer

The P4 and the M1500 are the same truck. P4 was the military model number and the M1500 was commercial vehicle model number. Hope that clarifys for you.

OshTruck_Trainer

I am a new Product Trainer for Oshkosh truck. I was doing a little research on some of our older trucks and found this website. Happened to know the answer so thought I would join and help answer the confussion if I could. As far as insider info any general questions I can answer I will be happy to help with or track down the answer if I can.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to Steel Soldiers, OshKosh Trainer........ :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks