• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking tranny

deuceman51

just wondering if anyone else is/has had trouble with their drain plugs leaking? Is anyone using anything different than the copper gasket they normally use? I have mine tightened up pretty good and they are still leaking so i'm thinking about going to something else. My output shaft on the tranny is leaking pretty bad also. Anyone had any experience with that problem? Thanks.

butch atkins

nrver had problem with copper gaskets leaking,replace them and make sure surface where gasket goes is smooth and flat,are you sure vent line from tranny are not stopped up,while driving down road i decided to check tranny fluid,my buddy was driving, opened cover, removed dipstick
what a dumbass thing to do,30w oil spray everywhere,thats how i found out why my rear seal was leaking, the vent line had been mashed flat by previous owner tranny couldnt vent internal pressure,sure helps when you read the manual,if vent line is not stopped up maybe you need replace rear seal,good luck

Lance Corporal

Make a washer from pencil tablet backing or cereal box material. If you do so make a bunch while you're at it. Place between copper seal washer and pan. It's always worked for me. The reason for making a bunch is that you made need a new one each time you remove the plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks