• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chemicals

Hainebd

Chemicals. We all use them from fuel to acids. How we use and dispose of matters. 1st decide what you are going to do. 2nd see if there is a chemical that can do the job that is organic. It matters due to life span. 3rd read the directions and MSD. Follow all PPE requirements. 4th decide how to collect. 5th decide how to properly dispose of. Now go buy those chemicals and do the job.

I say say this cause years ago I had Safety Kleen mineral sprits base solvent. Not the service just the chemical. It got dirty so I was going to swap it out. I go to get and the Solvent was clean. I thanked my son for swapping it out, he said swap? I dumped in the back yard. Ok where and get the shovels. Now instead of a free disposal, I had to pay for contaminated soil. There was 3 gallons of solvent and we filled a 30 gallon drum with dirt.

FloridaAKM

Ouch! That left a mark. I work in a chemical plant & we spend $100's of thousands of $$ complying with EPA requirements to safely dispose of any hazardous waste we generate. I'm glad you took it upon yourself to remove the contaminated soil & have it properly disposed; now it can't come back to haunt you further down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks